Monday 8 September 2008

T-Pain Proves His Rap Skills On Pr33 Ringz; Andre 3000 Wants You To Say He's Wack: Mixtape Monday





Artist: T-Pain


Representing: Naaaappppyyyy Booooyyyy!


Mixtape: Pr33 Ringz


411: T-Pain wants it all. He's sung dynasty on everybody's hook, and now he's coming for that MC money. Now that the world is jockin' his melodies, he wants them to stew his rhymes.


"Pr33 Ringz is just a warning before the Thr33 Ringz,," he said of his street CD, which lands October 28, a couple of weeks earlier his one-third official album hits stores. (Pain's catchword for his official album is "Four Ones, Thr33 Ringz," in a nod to its November 11 release date.) "It's not so much letting you know what you need to fix ready for. It's letting you know what you need to know around. A great deal of people don't know me as a rapper. I'm rapping a lot on on that point. I got a couple of R&B tracks on there, all original beats. None of the beat-jacking or remixing. None of that. All brand new stuff. Twenty-one songs I'm just giving away."


Pain � who recorded all of his corporeal in just four years � got beats from a few of his friends (he only produced one track) and said he's simply as passionate about organism an MC as he is about being a singer.


"I been doing it ever since," Pain said of his raps. "It's just that a bunch of citizenry haven't been accepting it. I do everything. I always rapped, I always sang. People are more than attracted to the singing part than the rapping part. I'm forcing the issue. Free songs � here it is."


He's silent writing and producing for a trend of artists, including Ciara, and but might have more on his plate now that Pr33 Ringz is circulating.


"A lot of my hoi polloi been vocation me request for the actual songs," he explained. "They wanna put my mixtape song on their album. I'm like, 'How you gonna solidify that? How you gonna accept a mixtape song and put it on your album?' They don't even attention. A fate of masses just say, 'I'll figure out a way to do it. Just commit me something. Give it to me.' "


Joints To Check For



DJ Woogie, DJ Ian and Freeway - Freeway Is Back
Big Mike and Maino - Maino Is the Future
DJ Kool Kid - That Hard White
DJ Warrior, DJ Muggs and Planet Asia - Pain Language
DJ Barry Bee - Hood Legendz 17
DJ Skee and Charles Hamilton - Death of the Mixtape Rapper
DJ Papa Smirf and Rain - Freestyle Kronicles


'Hood's Heavy Rotation: Bubbling Below The Radar


Ne-Yo (featuring Fabolous and Jamie Foxx) - "She Got Her Own" ("Miss Independent" remix)
E-40 (featuring Akon) - "Wake It Up"
Stat Quo - "Dear Summer Pt. 2"
T.I. (featuring Usher) - "My Life, Your Entertainment"
DJ Kay Slay (featuring Papoose, Tony Yayo, Jim Jones, Junior Reid, Uncle Murda and Sheek Louch) - "Don't Take It There" remix
Ciara (featuring T-Pain) - "Go Girl"


The Streets Is Talking


The hottest chick in the streets right now isn't from New York, Philadelphia or L.A. She wasn't tied born in the U.S. Yet, everyone from 50 Cent to Jim Jones to Kanye West is so in love with her music, they've jumped on her track or sampled her voice. Guess what? Her popularity is finally reverberative in the mainstream as well, thanks to the "Pineapple Express" trailer.


"Um, I wasn't salaried attention when it happened," M.I.A. aforesaid last week via telephone from her native London about the rise of "Paper Planes." The record is more than a year previous, yet it's still popping up daily on mixtapes. 50, Jones, members of State Property and others have inserted their verses on unofficial remixes. Meanwhile, Kanye West sampled her vocals piece making the track for T.I.'s "Swagger Like Us."


"I think it's cool when you bring all these rappers and artists like the Clash together," she said. "It's cool that they support it. It's so many people that be like, 'I don't know what you're talk about.' It's kind of like 'This is the sh--, and we think it's hot.' It's majuscule, especially coming from London.


"The song wasn't ... made with marketing claptrap, blah, bombast," the spirited performer added. "It was something organic. It's nice to realise something creative and make people like it. Somebody told me it was #3 or 4 on iTunes. iTunes! I beat the Jonas Brothers. I was like, 'What's going on?' Charts don't really figure with me. It's an interesting thing I'm acquisition. It's kind of nice to have the support."


M.I.A. told us that one of her large supporters has been the Louis Vuitton Don.


"Kanye e-mailed me back in, like, Christmas and told me he listens to 'Paper Planes' every day," she said. He recently come to her up with an early reading of "Swagger Like Us."


"I thought it was really hot. He e-mailed the demo reading to me. I think T.I. rewrote his poetry. It sounded even punter once it was through with. Kanye just took unitary sentence and made a whole thing out of it. I'll probably end up doing something with Kanye one day. We have a lot of respect for each other."









More info